I'm a BIRD

Sunday, June 09, 2019

You know what birds do? You know, their thing -- relocating, moving, migrating? Yup, that's what I did.

Last February, I have decided to leave Manila and work in (*drum rolls*) ILOILO City.

As soon as I got off work on the 28th of February, which was my last day with that company, I headed to Philippine Airlines ticketing office to redeem my free flight (should blog about that) and I booked for the March 2nd flight without batting an eyelash.

The next day was spent packing and looking for possible jobs and a place to stay in Iloilo. I didn't know anyone in the city aside from distant relatives and my bestfriend who lives in Guimaras— and aside from the fact that I didn't want to bother them, the pretense that I am a strong, independent woman must be consistent, so I had to find my way to my own place all by myself.

When I finally found an available room, I messaged the owner and found out that it was very near to the developing MegaWorld business district, where I plan to spend my next working months and years in. So I told her that I am coming from Manila and that I will check out the place on March 2nd and will move in immediately if I find it to my liking.

And boy, was I ever lucky to find this place. It's just by the outskirt of the business district, and going to the mall and workplace would only take 5 minutes by car, maybe less. It's situated at the end of a road though, so that means I'd have to walk 5 minutes to get on a cab or a jeepney (thank God for taxi-hailing apps!)

I have to tell you, the morning walk is so therapeutic! The sound of the trees and birds, the greetings of my distant neighbors, or even some passers by/street vendors, really gives a calming effect and a sense of peace (of course, until I get to my workplace, which is often toxic —a very usual ambiance in the BPO industry).

In the afternoon, I get to walk the same street and enjoy the many colors of the sky brought about by the sunset. AND AGAIN, it only takes a little less than 10 minutes to get home.

Isn't that just fantastic? Compared to Manila, this is really where I find my peace and calm.

Iloilo is the city of LOVE. And this bird loves it here a whole lot!

Plus, Guimaras is a boat-ride away! *heart-eyes*

You Might Also Like

0 nosy creatures